Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Training Day 1: Sweden

Papers, Paper, Papers
First day of training was spent in the Peninsula office filling out mountains of paperwork! I actually read it all so it took me even longer. And the pizza they brought in for lunch sitting right by me didn't help any. I did take a break. After filling out papers, Andrew one of the project managers working in office gave us a tour and showed us upcoming projects and how habitat works with it's donators and deciding who gets homes once volunteers have finished building. Looking at plans were great. It so interesting to see how habitat adjusts to the needs of each community, so each project is unique.

We still don't have a TV. I'm not sure if we really need one since our laptops seem to be working just fine. My new room mate Erin and I just finished watching Be Kind & Rewind. I'm liking Jack Black more and more. For anyone who hasn't seen it, go see it. Such a sweet movie, and it was definately a energy booster for getting my juices rolling for tomorrow and my first day on the construction site.

No comments: