Monday, September 8, 2008

Half Moon Bay

Newark Lagoons

Erin and Alex Freezing at Francis Beach
Gulls!



Bookstore Near Stanford

I can't believe it's only been one day. It seems like this morning's bike ride was at least a couple days ago. But now I'm back in Menlo Park. I wish I could have stayed in Berkeley Monday too, but had to redue some paperwork at the office, always fun...

Afterward we took a drive to check out Half Moon Bay. Passing by some pumpkin patches along the way brought back great Halloween memories when we used to come. I wore my bathing suit to the beach, and when we got there I was dissapointed to find how overcast and windy it was. I still jumped in quick for the heck of it. The feeling of a thousand needles poking me all at once made me forget how cold the water really was.

Later that evening we walked all the way over to University Ave. near Stanford with all the christmas lights lighting the streets. We spent a long time in the bookstore there. There's nothing better than having a cozy corner with a good book.

1 comment:

Cyril said...

I knew you'd find a way to get to the beach soon. Now back to work!!