Saturday, September 13, 2008

Site Cleanup

Locker Surprise!
Assembly Line
Wall Lift

Drywall Crew
Site Work Crew, yah we Rock!

This morning was a huge surprise when Erin screamed and smacked me in the face reaching into the locker for our tools. Behind our tool belts a huge rat sat curled ready to pounce. It turned out being just a toy, but it was all linty with the scraggly remnants of what was once a tail to add to it's effect of nastiness. I can't imagine what strange child would want to own something like that.
Today my crew got the wonderful task of site cleanup. I never knew how much work it could be. Not only physical walking back and forth with scaffolding planks, but the huge variety of things to be done. We went from cutting and lugging back and forth of huge planks, to washing out helmets with spilled coffee, and moving lunch tables out from the sun. It all seemed very slow and like we would never get the entire list of things done, but by the end of the day, we did it! I'm so happy with everyone I got to work with, because they were so patient through all my confusingingness.
And as a highlight we got to help place our very last blind wall for the houses on the site. Those are the ones that you can't see since they are between each of the houses. It took 30 volunteers all lifting and pushing to get it done, but now they are all done.

No comments: