Saturday, October 4, 2008

Rain and Roadkill

Saturday, October 4, 2008: More Rain and Mud
Lunch Time


Friday, October 3, 2008: Mudding & Taping



(Training Day 9) Thursday, October 2, 2008: Mud, Mud, Mud...

Mud Tray
Tuesday, October 1, 2008: Drywall Lift & Cut


Drywall Crew from Sacred Heart Prep

"La Fiesta Tortillas y Peliculas No Country for Old Men"

I made the MEAT!
Tuesday, September 31, 2008: Shingling

Roof Crew, Erin's Got Something in Her Eye (maybe a chunk of drywall...)

I can't believe how many dead squirrels I see on my way to work each day. And the number keeps growing, and sometimes I forget to look out for them and feel really quilty when I hit a bump in the road.

We got internet for the house this week. I'm so happy! But I've got to remember to still make my trips out to explore and visit downtown Palo Alto which I did none of this week. I'm really excited because I've finally discovered the YMCA where they have a POOL! But the bad part is it's only open through October so I can't get too excited.

This week was a lot of fun. I got to work on quite a few things including roofing, more scratchy insulation and drywall with a group from Sacred Heart Prep, and co-leading a mud and taping group today with Erin from our training this week. Mudding is a bit tricky since it's so mushy and tends to fall from your blade when you spread it smooth over the fasteners and corners of the drywall. Only after an entire day working with it did I finally start to feel more connected with my blade to get more of the precision I was looking for.

Today we got our first drop of rain! I felt it hit my lip on my ride to work. Leaving this morning the sky was gloomier than usual, and I was nervous under those dark clouds after realizing I forgot to bring my rain coat. Fortunately the day got brighter and everyone stayed dry, but it's our goal to get all the roofing completed as the rainy season approaches.

No comments: