Saturday, October 25, 2008

Family Dedication in Bayview

Saturday, October 25, 2008: Family Dedication
New Home Owners

Picting Picturers

Whole Habitat at Family Dedication
Saturday, October 25, 2008: Super Cutters

Cutting Machines!
Friday, October 24, 2008: Finger Tar
Morning Talk
Working the Ridge
The Other Guys, Andy's Crew
Riding the Ridge
Tar Crew!
Thursday, October 23, 2008: "Roof Awning" Day Project
Morning
Noon
Finish Time
Melted Icecream
Yum!
Wednesday, October 22, 2008: Knee-Cappers
Getting it Done
Intel
Tuesday, October 21, 2008: Tired Shoulders
Mud Scrape
It was an amazing week over all. Spent most of my time up on the roof's this week, except for a little mudding and taping. It was nice working with my crews with only the blue sky and tar black shingles beating the sun and heat back up into our faces. I know it's gross and I'm still working on getting the black from under my fingernails, but shampooing doesn't seem to be helping. Our regular volunteers did cook us up a wonderful lunch this Thursday of hot dogs and cookies. That was a real treat!
The most substantial part of my week however was being a part of the new families receiving their homes at the newly completed De Long developement in Bayview, Daly City. There isn't anyone who could look more proud than the families I saw today, as they came to shake my hand furiously in their excitement. My chest felt filled with cotton balls making it hard to breath. It was that wonderful.

No comments: