Saturday, November 15, 2008

Siding It

Saturday, November 15, 2008: Past Teeth






Friday, November 14, 2008: Through Teeth
Emily's Smooth Lines
Siding Setup Station
Siders
(Training Day 13) Thursday, November 13, 2008: Texturing

Tired Bench
Wednesday, November 12, 2008: Miscellaneous200 ft Chalk Line Tangle
(Took Me 3 Hours in the Evening)

Erin's Masterpiece!
with Red Delicious
Tuesday, November 11, 2008: General, Precision, Caulking
Plain Color
"The Regulars"
Paint Stacks
Jim and MaryAnn
Precision

This week went by quickly doing some siding, which I haven't done for a while. Since working I've been collecting all this terminology, and I'm surprised very little has slipped out yet. Except for the "Cant Strip" the first row of siding, which for some reason I was having the hardest time remembering. I wonder if it's possible to have an overload of information. Or does that explain why genius's are so crazy. But I figure since I write it down here I won't have an excuse to forget it anymore, and keep my sanity.

This week I've learned some important lessons. First write down everything, not just in the notepad on my toolbelt, but up on the sides of buildings as notes for other people to fix the the things I notice, but don't have the time to fix myself. And I've also learned using vague words are never good for leading crews. Straight and sure is what makes crews feeling certain and gets work done.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

robin! i could not for the life of me figure out how to email you so i guess i'm leaving a comment? haha. let's hope you check this!